Combining the Classic Dreadnought Body Style With Superior Tonewoods and Laminates that Ensure a Rich Tone that Matures With Age
The Martin X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst acoustic electric guitar features the volume and tone of the Dreadnought body shape with a solid Sitka Spruce top with Macassar patterned HPL (high pressure laminate) back and sides, delivering vintage Martin Dreadnought tone and volume with an incredible satin vintage burst finish that make this Dreadnought look as good as it sounds. The classic scalloped Sitka Spruce X-bracing and Mortise and Tenon neck joint construction give the Martin X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst acoustic electric a rich and full tone with lively treble and mids and great volume and projection.
The Brown Birch laminate neck has a light finish of hand-rubbed oil, giving it a silky smooth feel, while the high performance neck taper and the performing artist neck shape make it extremely comfortable to play. The performing artist neck shape is thinner than most Martin necks, making the Martin X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst acoustic guitar extremely comfortable and a real joy to play.
The Martin X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst acoustic comes stage ready, equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics that allow you to dial in your tone with amazing accuracy and versatility. The hardware including a compensated white tusq saddle, white corian nut, chrome enclosed gear tuners and a faux tortoise pickguard also contribute to the richness of tone, accurate intonation and overall tuning stability.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman® Sonitone
- Top Color: Sunburst 1
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Bridge Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Top Detail: Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Detail: Macassar Pattern
- Back Purfling/Strip: None
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Macassar Pattern
- Neck Material: Brown Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: None
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: Macassar HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Case: Not Included
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: Paper Label - X Series
- Pleked: No
Great-Sounding, Great-Looking Dreadnought that is Both Environmentally Friendly, and Priced to Move
The Martin X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst acoustic combines sustainable materials like Macassar HPL laminates and a FSC Richlite fingerboard with classic scalloped X-bracing and a solid Sitka Spruce top to deliver the full volume and silky smooth playability that you would expect from a Martin Dreadnought. The X-Series DX1AE Macassar burst also comes stage ready with Fishman electronics that allow you to dial in the perfect tone for live performances, and is an overall extremely affordable, great sounding Martin!