Revolutionary Guitars Built with Paradigm-Shifting Electronics, Inspiring Players to Reach Their Full Potential
When Teije 'Teye' Wijnterp, founder of Teye Guitars, first started building guitars, he asked himself what he could do to make his guitars stand out from the hundreds of guitars that were flooding the market at the time. Taking a page from his mentor, British guitar maker Tony Zemaitis, Teye took classic guitar shapes and began experimenting with materials and electronics, concentrating on the resonance of the guitar first before he put a thought into the electronics.
Teye puts it this way: “I prefer a good guitar to a good pickup. A mediocre pickup on a great guitar will do a so-so job of amplifying wonderful sound. A great pickup on a mediocre guitar will gloriously amplify Bad Sound.”
In the Rich Robinson Signature Magpie Salute guitar, Teye brings us a distinctive single-cutaway body made from beautifully figured mahogany and a unique maple cap decorated with acid-etched aluminum plates embossed with art designed by Rich Robinson of Black Crowes fame. The Rich Robinson Signature Magpie Salute guitar sunburst hand-rubbed Luthier Oil finish is silky smooth to the touch and surprisingly fragrant.
The mahogany neck features a 24-fret bound ebony fretboard with custom Teye-inlays and is thick and wide like the neck of a Les Paul, making it perfect for ridiculous bends, double stops, wide vibrato and howling sustain. The action is incredibly low, and the deep single-cutaway makes accessing the full range of the fretboard extremely easy.
Along with incredibly resonant body, finely crafted like works of art, and extremely playable handcrafted necks and fretboards, Teye also developed revolutionary electronics that bring his guitars to the next level, specifically the Analog Spectrum Modeller Circuit or MOJO-control.
The Mojo Control uses a state-of-the-art, custom-made potentiometer that clicks the electronics out of the signal path when the knob button is turned to ’10’. Known as the ‘Secret Weapon’ inside Teye-guitars, The MOJO allows you to conjure up dozens of well known, classic guitar sounds, as well as many others that are yet to be discovered.
* Body wood: select Mahogany
* Neck wood: select Mahogany
* Fingerboard: bound Ebony with pearloid Teye-inlay
* Scale length: 25.5”
* Nut width: 1.75”
* Aluminum plates: acid-etched front plating designed by Rich Robinson
* Rear plate: blank with serial # (can be replaced by Lazy Babe or Dragon acid-etched rear plate at $ 450** extra)
* Bridge: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-bridge
* Tailpiece: proprietary Teye SuperSustain-tailpiece
* Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic Imperials
* Pick-ups: 2x Custom-wound Lollar Imperials
* Electronics: 2x Volume;
Master Mojo™ circuitry
* Control knobs: proprietary Teye knobs and switch tip
* Finish: reddish-brown or brown hand-rubbed Luthier’s oil finish (customizable Shipwreck $ 300** extra)
* Case: SKB 1SKB-SC56 soft guitar case with a rugged, weather-resistant, 600-denier ballistic nylon exterior and hard-core EPS foam interior; two zippered pouches, one with internal compartments for accessory storage, and an adjustable padded backpack strap for easy transport (Uprgade to an SKB LP case $ 60** dollars extra)
An Incredible Display of Craftsmanship Delivered by Teye Guitars
Teye guitars are custom-crafted instruments for serious players looking for the guitar of their dreams. As Teye’s exclusive left-handed dealer, ADK guitar is excited to bring you this beautiful left handed Teye, built in Nashville, Tennessee by the highly skilled team at the Teye workshop. Most Teye designs that are available in righty versions are also available in lefty versions.
Feel free to contact us regarding the specs and we would be happy to get you a custom quote for the guitar of your dreams