Celebrating History’s First X-braced Guitar With an Authentic Replica of the Guitar C.F. Martin Made for Madame Delores de Goni in 1843
Martin Authentic Series guitars are modeled after immaculate examples of vintage Martin guitars kept in the Martin Museum. Meticulously reproduced vintage Martin Authentic Series instruments all feature historically accurate appointments and craftsmanship that remain true to the origins of these much sought-after instruments.
The Martin Size 1 De Goni Authentic 1843 acoustic guitar celebrates history’s first X-braced guitar, made by C.F. Martin for Madame Delores N. de Goñi in 1843. Madame de Goni was perhaps the finest guitarist of her time, and became widely popular throughout the United States after a series of performances between 1841-42. In 1843, C.F. Martin gave her his innovative Size 1 guitar which she pronounced to be "...superior to any instruments of the kind [she had] ever seen in this country or Europe for tone, workmanship, and facility of execution!"
The Martin Size 1 De Goni Authentic 1843 Acoustic Guitar is a stunningly accurate replica of this legendary guitar. Featuring an Adirondack Spruce top treated with Martin’s VTS (vintage tone system) and Guatemalan Rosewood back and sides, with Authentic 1843 X Bracing inside, giving this historically accurate replica of the 1843 Size 1 original its rich tone and authentic appearance.
This Martin Size 1 De Goni Authentic 1843 also features an array of period specific appointments that make it true to the original including a dovetail neck joint with hide glue construction, authentic pyramid drop-in all bone saddle, real bone nut, slotted headstock with Brass Demet Style Side Mount tuning machines, authentic torn paper label and gut strings, for a completely period-authentic sound and playing experience.
- Body Size: Size 1-12 Fret
- Finish Top: Vintage Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- Back & Side Finish: Vintage Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Authentic 1843 X Brace
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 7/8''
- Top Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Authentic 1843
- Back Material: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Electronics: Not Available
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Authentic Pyramid - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/16''
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Faux Ivory
- Bridge Pin Dots: Abalone
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Custom Inlay
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Custom
- Back Inlay Material: Maple
- Heel Cap: Ebony
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: Ebony
- Side Inlay Material: Maple
- Endpiece Inlay: Maple
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Vintage Gloss
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 5/16''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Number of Frets Total: 19, Neck Joins Body At 12th Fret
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Mother of Pearl
- Headstock Shape: Slotted with 1843 Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Brass Demet Style Side Mount
- Headplate Material: Guatemalan Rosewood
- Knob: Bone
- Headplate Logo Style: Stamped on Back of Headstock
- Nut Material: Nickel Silver
- Case: Coffin Style
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: C.F. Martin & Schatz, Made for Madame De Gone
- Pleked: No
Authentic Replica of One of History’s Most Significant Guitars
The Martin Size 1 De Goni Authentic Series acoustic guitar is a historically accurate replica of a historical landmark in the history of guitar making. With innovations like X-bracing and the classic tonewood combination of a Spruce top with Rosewood back and sides, C.F. Martin created the first modern acoustic guitar. With Martin’s VTS system you can enjoy a brand new instrument that is as close as possible to the appearance, feel and tone of an authentic Martin Size 1 from 1843. Once again, Martin has created a guitar that looks like it belongs in a museum while it sounding and playing like a brand new, handcrafted instrument.