‘Working Man’s’ Orchestra Model With a Rich and Responsive Tone Perfect for Fingerstyle Playing
At Martin Guitars handcrafted instruments built with superior tonewoods and innovative designs represent the high standard for which they are revered. Standard series guitars feature Sitka Spruce tops with Mahogany or Rosewood backs and sides, giving them a massive bottom end with articulate highs and balanced mids. Martin Standard Series guitars continue the tradition of vintage styling and elegant craftsmanship that have made playing a Martin an amazing experience.
The Martin OM-21 Standard Series acoustic guitar delivers the iconic Martin tone with satisfying warmth and in the lower midrange and plenty of headroom. Featuring a Sitka Spruce top with East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and Martin’s classic scalloped X-bracing, the Martin OM-21 has the warm and responsive tone that has made it legendary among fingerstyle players.
In terms of comfort and playability, Martin has updated the neck shape and profile to make it more comfortable for modern guitarists. Featuring a select hardwood neck with a 20-fret ebony fingerboard, Martin’s high performance neck taper with a modern low oval neck shape, and silky satin finish on the back of the neck, the Martin OM-21 has a silky and incredibly modern feel.
Premium hardware appointments like an all bone saddle and nut, along with nickel open gear tuners ensure excellent tuning stability and accurate intonation. Available in Ambertone and 1935 Sunburst Finish for an additional $200.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: Optional
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Brown Faux Tortoise
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 1/4"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 18
- Heel Cap: Brown Faux Tortoise
- Endpiece: Brown Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
The Standard by Which All Other Orchestra Models are Measured
Since Martin invented the Orchestra Model acoustic guitar, it goes without saying that its OM models are the standard by which all others are measured. Legendary for its responsiveness and characteristic warmth, the Martin OM-21 Standard Series guitar is perfect for fingerstyle playing. Combining modern enhancements like the performing artist neck profile with a classic tonewood combination of a Sitka Spruce top and Rosewood back and sides give this latest version of Martin’s classic orchestra model its vintage Martin tone and enhanced playability.