Left Handed Martin D-28 Ambertone Standard Series Dreadnought Guitar
A Re-imagined Workhorse With Classic Styling, Vintage Tone and Modern Enhancements
At Martin Guitars handcrafted instruments built with superior tonewoods and innovative designs represent the high standard for which they are revered. The left handed D-28 Standard series guitars features an Ambertone Sitka Spruce top with Rosewood back and sides, giving them a massive bottom end with articulate highs and balanced mids. Martin Standard Series guitars continue the tradition of vintage styling and elegant craftsmanship that have made playing a Martin an amazing experience.
The left handed Martin D-28 Standard Series acoustic guitar has served as the main acoustic guitar of many musical legends like The Beatles, Johnny Cash, Neil Young and Bob Dylan, and has been 'lovingly and artfully enhanced' to deliver the same vintage look and tone with a more modern feel and a higher level of playability.
Featuring all of the classic D-28 appointments that you'd expect, including Sitka Spruce top with highly resonant East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and non-scalloped forward-shifted X-bracing which allows the top to vibrate more freely, the new left handed Martin D-28 delivers the same harmonically complex tone with greater volume, projection and clarity.
Another key to the lefty Martin D-28's enhanced sound and feel is its neck construction. Built with a classic dovetail neck joint, the new southpaw D-28 features a modified low oval neck shape with a high performance taper and a 20 fret Ebony fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays which has a solid yet silky feel that is extremely comfortable and easy to play.
Other premium appointments include a compensated bone saddle with an ebony bridge, an all bone nut and nickel open gear tuners with Butterbean knobs for enhanced tuning stability and rock solid intonation. This model has the optionl Ambertone and is also available in Natural and 1935 Sunburst.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top, Back & Sides: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted X-Brace, Non-Scalloped
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back & Sides Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heel Cap: Antique White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear With Butterbean Knobs
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Molded Hardshell
Everything You Could Want From an Iconic Martin 28-style Dreadnought With Enhanced Playability
The new lefty Martin D-28 Standard Series acoustic guitar delivers all of the appointments you would expect from an iconic 28-style acoustic, with modern styling that enhances its feel and playability. Featuring the classic tonewood pairing of Sitka Spruce and Rosewood, this new left handed D-28 delivers a more modern feel with its modified oval neck shape and high performance taper which make strumming and picking more comfortable and effortless than ever. Also available in Ambertone and 1935 Sunburst for an additional $200.