A New Take on a Vintage Martin Combines Classic Tonewoods With Cutting Edge Technology to Produce a Dreadnought You Have to Feel and Hear for Yourself!
The left handed Martin D-18 Modern Deluxe Acoustic guitar is undoubtedly a classic Martin, right down to its dovetail neck joint, the protein glue that’s used in the construction and the Sitka Spruce VTS (Vintage Tone System) Top with Spruce classic X-bracing that has inspired vintage Martin tone for generations. But this D-18 also has ultra-modern and deluxe appointments that make it unlike anything else in the Martin lineup.
This Martin D-18 has all of the vintage Martin tone that you would expect from its Sitka Spruce top and Genuine Mahogany back and sides, but also has additional modern and deluxe appointments that really set it apart including an East Indian Rosewood binding, stylish gold frets, gold finish open-gear tuners and a 1930‘s style script logo pearl inlay on the headstock.
Modern features include a titanium truss rod that reduces the weight of this dreadnought, making it more comfortable to play for long stretches as well as Liquidmetal bridge pins and carbon fiber bride plates designed to boost volume and projection without adding weight. The carbon fiber bridge plates are sandwiched with layers of Adirondack Spruce which really helps enhance the tonal characteristics of the bridge, giving this D-18 added sparkle and a slight increase in volume without increasing the weight.
The lefty modern deluxe D-18 Martin sports a satin finish Mahogany neck with Ebony fingerboard and a high performance taper with a brand new Vintage Deluxe neck shape designed specifically for the Modern Deluxe series. The vintage deluxe neck shape is slightly asymmetrical, providing improved comfort along the entire length of the satin finish neck.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Back Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Liquidmetal®
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Red Acrylic
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Style 28 Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Zig-Zag Authentic
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heelcap: European Flamed Maple
- Side Detail: None
- Endpiece: European Flamed Maple
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Genuine Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Side Dots: Abalone
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Stylized Script Inlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Label: None
- Pleked: Yes
A Louder, Better-Sounding Dreadnought With Deluxe Appointments For a Luxurious Feel
The left handed Martin D-18 Modern Deluxe Acoustic Guitar combines classic construction with luxurious deluxe appointments to create a louder and better sounding Dreadnought that has to be played to be believed. Sporting a classic Sitka Spruce top and classic scalloped X-bracing with dovetail neck joint construction, the Martin D-18 Modern Deluxe also adds space age materials like a titanium truss rod, Carbon Fiber bridge plates and Liquidmetal bridge pins for a lighter Dreadnought with a louder sound. All of the volume and projection you’d expect from a Martin D-18 with a modern neck shape and deluxe appointments like gold frets and gold finish open gear tuners make this Martin lefty D-18 a dreadnought with a truly luxurious feel.