Vintage Styling Meets Modern Playability in a 15 Series Dreadnought With a Timeless Sound
Martin 15 Series guitars represent a revolution from the master craftsmen at C.F. Martin. Drawing their inspiration from the Style 15 instruments of the 1940s, Martin 15 Series guitars feature unique design elements and an amazing historical look, with a unique balance between vintage qualities and modern craftsmanship. The results are exceptional instruments with vintage looks, classic tone, modern playability and superior build quality.
The left handed Martin D-15M Dreadnought acoustic features a comfortable Dreadnought size body with solid Mahogany top, back and sides and Sitka Spruce X-bracing inside, giving it the projection, focus, and balanced tone that you would expect from a Martin Dreadnought.
Featuring simple dovetail neck construction, Martin D-15M’s silky satin finish Mahogany neck sports a 20 fret Rosewood fingerboard and is made in the ultra comfortable modified low oval neck shape with a standard taper to ensure superb playability.
Classic hardware appointments such as a bone nut and saddle, Rosewood bridge, tortoise pickguard, multi-stripe rosette and nickel open gear tuners with butterbean knobs lend a touch of authenticity to the vintage vibe while also contributing to the lefty D-15M’s luxurious feel.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: Mahogany
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Back & Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Electronics: Optional
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Top Color: Dark Mahogany
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Bridge Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: N/A
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: N/A
- Pleked: Yes
All Mahogany Dreadnought With Amazing Tone, Vintage Looks and Modern Playability
The left handed Martin D-15M 15 Series acoustic guitar looks like it came out of the history books, and graces your music with a timeless tone that you can only get from a Martin. Featuring genuine Mahogany top, back and sides with sitka spruce x-bracing, and classic dovetail neck construction, the lefty Martin 15 Series D-15 Dreadnought delivers vintage styling with incredibly rich tone and silky modern playability, in a package that is built to stand the test of time. Anyone who ever thought a genuine solid body Martin was out of their price range should take a closer look at the Martin D-15M!