All Ovangkol 16 Series Dreadnought Delivers a Unique Look and Rich Sound
The left handed Martin D-16E Burst dreadnought is handcrafted with Ovangkol gloss top in a gorgeous mahogany burst finish, and satin finish Ovangkol back and sides with Martin forward-shifted scalloped Sitka Spruce X-bracing inside, delivering a balanced sound with deep bass and rich overtones, while the D-16E’s 000 body depth offers enhanced player comfort.
With Martin’s modified low oval neck shape with high performance neck taper, the Martin D-16E delivers classic Martin tone with enhanced playability. The satin finish select hardwood neck with Ebony fingerboard and mother of pearl inlays is extremely comfortable to play whether you are strumming chords or picking through leads.
This left handed Martin D-16E dreadnought acoustic-electric comes stage ready with Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance electronics, an undersaddle preamp system with soundhole mounted controls and an undersaddle transducer designed to capture the pristine acoustic sound of the instrument with all of the dynamic and percussive attack of the guitar while resisting unwanted sounds like feedback, string squeak and handling noise.
Premium appointments include bold Herringbone multi-stripe rosette, ebony modern belly bridge with drop-in white tusq saddle, a bone nut, and nickel open gear tuners with butterbean knobs, all of which adds to the premium feel, giving this lefty Martin 16 series dreadnought the sound and feel of a classic Martin.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret (000 Depth)
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Ovangkol
- Side Material: Ovangkol
- Back Material: Ovangkol
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Electronics: Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance™
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Top Color: Mahogany Burst
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Red Faux Tortoise
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Tusq
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Mother-of-Pearl
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Heel Cap: Red Faux Tortoise
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Case: Soft-Shell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: None
- Pleked: Yes
Ovangkol Top, Back and Sides Give This Lefty 16-series Dreadnought Unique Looks and a Rich Sound
The left handed Martin D-16E 16 series dreadnought features an Ovangkol top, back and sides with a Mahogany burst finish that gives this Martin dreadnought a unique look and sound. Premium appointments like a Herringbone multi-stripe rosette, a select hardwood neck with Martin’s high performance neck taper, and Fishman’s Matrix VT Enhance preamp system, give this lefty Martin 16-series dreadnought incredible looks, excellent projection and the Martin dreadnought tone modern players are looking for, with added comfort and silky playability.