Balanced Tone and Impressive Projection With High Performance Neck Features for Improved Playability
The Martin 000-16E 16 Series acoustic electric guitar is handcrafted with a Sitka Spruce top and Granadillo back and sides, giving this auditorium acoustic a lively tone with prominent bass response and bell-like overtones. With its 000 size body and its modern high performance neck enhancements, this Martin 000-16E delivers the balanced Martin tone guitarists expect with enhanced comfort and modern playability.
The Martin 16E auditorium acoustic comes equipped with Martin’s modified low-oval neck profile and a high performance neck taper which gives it super low action and excellent playability. With a satin finish select hardwood neck your fingers will fly with ease over the entire length of the Ebony fingerboard whether you are strumming chords, picking leads, or playing fingerstyle.
This Martin 16 series auditorium acoustic comes stage ready with Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance electronics, an undersaddle preamp system with soundhole mounted controls with an undersaddle transducer designed to capture the pristine acoustic sound of the instrument with all of the dynamic and percussive attack of the guitar while resisting unwanted sounds like feedback, string squeak and handling noise.
Premium hardware appointments like an ebony modern belly bridge with drop-in saddle, a bone nut, mother of pearl inlays and nickel open gear tuners with butterbean knobs add to the premium feel, giving this Martin 000-16E the comfort, look and sound of a classic Martin.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Granadillo
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Granadillo
- Electronics: Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance™
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Tusq
- Pickguard: Tortoise Pattern
- Bridge Pin Dots: Mother-of-Pearl
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: None
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Heel Cap: Antique White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: Granadillo
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Soft-Shell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
Auditorium Model With Granadillo Back and Sides Delivers Great Projection and Impressive Bass Response
The Martin 000-16E 16 series auditorium acoustic electric guitar features the premium craftsmanship, superior tonewoods and high quality hardware appointments that you would expect from a Martin. With its solid Sitka Spruce top with Granadillo back and sides, high performance neck taper and Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance™ preamp system, the Martin 000-16E delivers the tone and silky playability you would expect from a superior handcrafted instrument.