Contact us for current build times!
This Incredibly Versatile Signature Model Offers an Array of Tones to Suit Virtually Any Style of Music
The Ernie Ball Music Man Left Handed John Petrucci JP7 w/ Piezo in a beautiful Firemist Gold finish is an evolved and refined version of the JP6 featuring blistering lead tones, fat rhythm tones and authentic acoustic tones from a chambered Basswood body, custom DiMarzio pickups and a Piezo pickup built into its floating tremolo bridge. The JP7 delivers all of the sonic versatility and superior playability of the JP6 in a new 7-string version that opens up completely new doors of musical expression.
The select Maple neck is super thin and extremely fast featuring a 24-fret Rosewood fretboard that is easy to access due to the body’s styling. The lightweight basswood body features the innovative Petrucci designed forearm scoop with contoured neck joint and extremely deep cutaways that allow unfettered access to the entire 24 fret fingerboard.
One of the most impressive refinements found in the Music Man JP7 is the addition of a 3-way pickup selector switch that allows you to access to the individual pickup coils so that you can blend them in both traditional and unique ways. The acoustic piezo pickup gets its own separate volume control and a 3-way toggle switches you from the magnetic pickups to the piezo pickup, or combines both, giving you access to unique tones.
Hardware and electronics include a custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles, custom 7-string DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker pickup in the neck, 7-string DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker in the bridge position and a Piezo pickup built into the bridge. Controls include a 5-way pickup selector and 3-way toggle control on the Piezo pickup, allow you to switch and blend piezo and magnetic pickup sounds. Schaller M6-IND locking tuner in black finish with black buttons ensure tuning stability.
- Style: Double cutaway chambered 7-string
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: High gloss polyester
- Body colors: Firemist Gold
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles
- Neck wood: Select maple
- Fingerboard: ebony, Stainless Steel frets
- Fret markers: Custom JP inlays
- Neck finish: High gloss polyester
- Neck colors: Color matches body
- Tuning machines: Schaller M6-IND locking in black finish with black buttons
- Truss rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Controls: Volume (500k ohm) and tone (.022f tone capacitor), Volume (Piezo pickup)
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Pickups: 7-string DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker - neck; 7-string DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker - bridge; piezo pickup (built into tremolo bridge )
The Evolution of the Original Music Man John Petrucci Signature Series, This Stunning 7-String is More Than Just a Metal Guitar
One of the most impressive refinements found in the Left Handed Music Man JP7 is the addition of a 3-way pickup selector switch that allows you to access to the individual pickup coils so that you can blend them in both traditional and unique ways. The acoustic piezo pickup gets its own separate volume control and a 3-way toggle switches you from the magnetic pickups to the piezo pickup, or combines both, giving you access to unique tones that you can only access with this guitar. In the end, the Left Handed Music Man JP7 w/Piezo opens up whole new doors of creativity for guitarists looking to expand their musical horizons.