The left handed Eastwood Warren Ellis Mandocello answers the question: What is a Mandocello? It has eight strings, is tuned in fifths like a mandolin but is larger. Standard tuning is Cc-Gg-dd-aa (low to high in pitch, octave pairs for the C and G). It can be described as being to the mandolin what the cello is to the violin.
Artists using this guitar:
Features & Specs
- Body: Solid Alder
- Colours: Vintage Cream
- Pickups: Mini Humbucker & Warren Ellis Blade
- Switching: Individual on-off
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Bridge: Fully adjustable Tele-Style bridge
- Neck: Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Pau Ferro, Dot Markers
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Width at the Nut: 1 3/16"
- Hardware: Kluson Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario: .062w / .032w | .040w / .020w | .024w / .024w | .016 / .016 |
- Case sold separately