Left Handed Musicman Axis Super Sport- Balboa Blue- Now In Stock!
Premium Appointments and Next Level Craftsmanship Combine to Produce a Versatile Axe That is Exquisitely Playable
The Ernie Ball Music Man Left Handed Axis Super Sport, in an eye-catching Balboa Blue Flame finish, features a lightweight basswood offset body with a quilted Maple top and a sculpted neck joint that allows unfettered access to the highest register of the 22-fret maple fingerboard. The Maple neck is treated with a light hand-rubbed oil finish and sports a 10“ fretboard radius, giving it next level comfort and buttery playability.
The key to the versatile tone of this incredible Ernie Ball Music Man lefty Axis is its pickups. Equipped with custom designed DiMarzio humbucker pickups with a 5-way pickup selector switch that allows you to split the coils on the bridge and neck humbuckers and blend them together in ways that create unique sounds. If you are looking for a guitar that can do everything from Blues and Country to Alternative and Hard Rock, this Axis is perfect!
To round out the picture of this powerhouse guitar you have a variety of premium hardware appointments that only add to its luxurious feel and professional studio quality sound. Featuring a Music Man designed Floyd Rose style tremolo with Schaller locking tuners, the Music Man Axis Super Sport delivers stable tuning and rock solid intonation no matter how much, or how aggressively, you use your trem.
- Model: Axis Super Sport
- Size: 12-5/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-1/4" long (32.1 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 92.0 cm long)
- Body Wood: Basswood with bookmatched figured maple top
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Color: Balboa Blue Flame
- Body Bindings: Binding - Cream
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man® vintage tremolo
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Select maple
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard - Natural; Optional - Matching painted headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: HH - 2 DiMarzio custom humbucking
- Left Handed: Yes
Custom Shop Craftsmanship And Luxury Appointments Combine in a Modern Classic With Versatile Tone and Premium Feel
The Ernie Ball Music Man left handed Axis Super Sport delivers the tone and playability that modern musicians want, with premium craftsmanship and appointments that make it a custom shop quality guitar. Featuring a lightweight Basswood offset body with a gorgeous quilted Maple top, a thin Select Maple neck with 22-fret Select Maple fingerboard, and a Music Man designed Floyd Rose tremolo system with Schaller locking tuners, this Axis is studio and stage ready from day one!
Made in the USA