One of Martin's Best Kept Secrets, Combining Vintage Martin Tone With Modern Playability
Martin developed the original D-35 dreadnought in 1965 during a shortage of Rosewood wide enough to build their famous D-28. The solution was to create a 3-piece back, with a contrasting center wedge giving the D-35 a new look and unique sound. The new HD-35 is a revamped version of the D-35 that came out in the 60‘s, with modern appointments that enhance this dreadnought’s sound and playability.
The Martin left handed HD-35 Standard Series Acoustic Guitar combines a Sitka Spruce top with East Indian Rosewood back and sides, resulting in pure Martin tone enhanced with strong bass. The HD-35 combines the classic D-35 Dreadnought body style with the 3-piece Rosewood back and Sitka Spruce top with scalloped forward-shifted X-bracing inside, giving it the powerful projection and vintage tone of a Martin Dreadnought, with unrivalled clarity.
The playability on the Martin lefty HD-35 Standard Series acoustic has been improved with the addition of a new High Performance Taper neck with a modern low oval profile which allows you to move up and down the plek-dressed Ebony fretboard with ease. The select hardwood modified low oval profile neck has a gorgeous satin finish that further enhances the already silky playability, giving it the feel of an electric with the Vintage acoustic tone you’d expect from a Martin.
The HD-35 also sports a series of high end appointments that further elevate the playing experience to nothing short of luxurious. Along with the amazing sound and feel of this HD-35 you have an ebony bridge and fingerboard, hand-fit dovetail neck joint, Nitrocellulose lacquer finish, Mother Of Pearl fingerboard inlay pattern, antique white binding, aging toner, bone nut and saddle, and a hardshell case included.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- TOP COLOR: Aging Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Bold Herringbone
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: White Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: Faux Tortoise
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BRACE SIZE: 1/4"
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Zig-Zag
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- HEEL CAP: Antique White with Multi-Stripe
- ENDPIECE: Antique White
- SIDE & ENDPIECE INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Style 28
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20, NECK JOINS BODY AT 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother-of-Pearl
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: Antique White
- SIDE DOTS: Black
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper
- TUNING MACHINES: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Large
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Old Style Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- CASE: Molded Hardshell
- LEFT HANDED AVAILABILITY: Yes
- PLEKED: Yes
The Perfect Combination of Tonewoods and Modern Appointments Give This Dreadnought Vintage Tone and Modern Playability
If you are a Martin lover, your collection is not complete without the lefty Martin HD-35 Standard Series acoustic guitar. In the HD-35, Martin delivers a full size Dreadnought with the classic Sitka Spruce and Rosewood tonewood combination along with modern appointments like a modified low oval profile neck with a high performance taper and an Ebony fretboard with plek-dressed frets, designed for comfort and modern playability. If you are looking for vintage Martin Dreadnought tone with silky smooth, modern playability, this lefty HD-35 is ideal for you.