Newly Redesigned Classic Combines Retro Aesthetics With a Modern Feel and Amazing Tone
At Martin Guitars handcrafted instruments built with superior tonewoods and innovative designs represent the high standard for which they are revered. Standard series guitars feature Sitka Spruce tops with Mahogany or Rosewood backs and sides, giving them a massive bottom end with articulate highs and balanced mids. Martin Standard Series guitars continue the tradition of vintage styling and elegant craftsmanship that have made playing a Martin an amazing experience.
The left handed Martin 000-18, with its beautiful aging toned top in Sitka spruce, married with genuine mahogany back and sides, carries vintage-inspired design features with accents and styling first offered in many of Martin’s pre-war era guitars. The body is edged with tortoise binding and complemented with a polished finish, giving it a vintage look with a purely modern sound and feel.
The 24.9” short scale select hardwood neck on this lefty auditorium acoustic features a modified low oval profile with Performing Artist taper, 1-3/4” width at the nut and 2-3/16” string spacing for easy playability. The neck has a satin finish on the back, making it buttery smooth and fun to play.
The hardware includes an Ebony modern belly bridge with a compensated bone drop-in saddle, a bone nut and nickel open gear tuners with butterbean knobs for rock solid tuning and accurate intonation and a rosewood headplate, which displays a large old style Martin logo.
- TOP COLOR: Aging Toner
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Faux Tortoise
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Multi-Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Black Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: None
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Old Style 18 Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRACE SIZE: 1/4"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: Style 18
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: None
- HEELCAP: Ebony
- ENDPIECE: Faux Tortoise
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Old Style 18
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: White
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper
- TUNING MACHINES: Nickel Open Gear
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: East Indian Rosewood
- KNOB: Butterbean
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Old Style Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- CASE: Ply Hardshell
A Comfortable Size with Genuine Tonewoods and Tasteful Appointments
The lefty Martin 000-18 Standard Series Auditorium Acoustic Guitar is a traditional 000 acoustic guitar with a short 24.9" scale neck and appointments that match Martin's D-18 dreadnought. The shorter scale gives the string action a lighter feel that makes it easier to play. The left handed 000-18 has solid mahogany back and sides, Sitka spruce top, polished gloss finish and a hand-fit dovetail neck joint, producing a deep and rich tone that has a bright and balanced high end. This is the perfect auditorium acoustic for performers as well as intermediate players looking for an acoustic that delivers on comfort, tone and silky smooth playability.