Working Musician’s Slope Shoulder Dreadnought With Vintage Looks and Sound Ready to Hit the Road
The Martin 15 Series guitars represent a revolution from the master craftsmen at C.F. Martin. Drawing their inspiration from the Style 15 instruments of the 1940s, Martin 15 Series guitars feature unique design elements and an amazing historical look, with a unique balance between vintage qualities and modern craftsmanship. The results are exceptional instruments with vintage looks, classic tone, modern playability and superior build quality.
The Martin DSS-15M StreetMaster is the popular genuine Mahogany StreetMaster now available in a slope shoulder dreadnought body style. StreetMaster acoustics have a well-worn satin finish and an array of modern player comforts that make them perfect for your next gig, and the DSS-15M is no exception. With the DSS-15M StreetMaster you get the look and feel of a well-worn instrument with the lifetime limited warranty and modern playability of a brand new Martin.
The StreetMaster DSS-15M features an all Mahogany body with a relicked satin finish, sitka spruce X-bracing, simple dovetail construction with a modified low oval neck shape and a standard neck taper, giving this working-class dreadnought a vintage look with a modern feel.
Though the StreetMaster series is designed for the working musician, they feature high class appointments that you would expect to find in a Martin including Golden Age Relic nickel tuners with cream colored knobs, compensated bone nut and saddle, Katalox bridge, and a multi-stripe rosette, delivering a luxurious feel at a price the working musician can afford.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Electronics: Optional
- Recommended Strings: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Light - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA540T
- Top Color: Mahogany Burst
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Top Inlay Material: None
- Bridge Material: Katalox
- Top Detail: None
- Bridge Pin Material: Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Bridge Pin Dots: None
- Pickguard Inlay: None
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: Dark Mahogany
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Katalox
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Short Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Fingerboard Binding Material: None
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Headplate Material: Mahogany
- Knob: Cream Plastic
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headplate Binding Material: None
- Case: Soft Gig Bag (included)
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: None
- Pleked: Yes
15 Series Slope Shoulder Dreadnought With a Vintage Look and Classic Mahogany Sound
The Martin DSS-15M StreetMaster is Martin’s nod to the working musician, delivering the look and feel of a well-worn instrument with the same limited warranty and silky playability of a brand new Martin. Featuring genuine Mahogany top, back and sides with sitka spruce x-bracing, and classic dovetail neck construction, the Martin 15 Series StreetMaster slope shoulder dreadnought acoustic delivers vintage styling with incredibly rich tone and silky modern playability, in a package that is built to stand the test of time.