Auditorium Acoustic With Vintage Styling and a Balanced Sound
The left handed Martin 000-17L Black Smoke acoustic guitar features vintage looks and modern appointments that give it a balanced tone and silky playability. Featuring a Solid Sitka Spruce top with Mahogany back and sides in a vintage Black Smoke finish, the lefty Martin 000-17 delivers rich low end tones with balanced mids and ample harmonics that make the 000-17 a favorite among fingerstyle players. With an auditorium size body and a scale length of 24.9“, this lefty Martin 000-17 Black Smoke acoustic delivers premium comfort and a focused sound.
The modern appointments that make this lefty Martin 000-17 so comfortable to play include Martin’s Modified Low Oval neck profile with High Performance Taper and a silky satin finish that makes moving around the fretboard of this 000-17 really easy. A 20-fret Rosewood fingerboard also adds to the harmonic richness and warmth of this lefty Martin’s tone.
The 000-17‘s straight forward appointments, like simple fretboard inlays and minimal ivoroid binding and pickguard, are combined with premium hardware appointments like Golden Age Relic Nickel tuners, a Rosewood bridge and compensated bone nut and saddle, giving this lefty Martin 000-17 a distinctly modern feel while preserving that prized Martin Pre-War aesthetic.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Electronics: Optional
- Recommended Strings: Retro® Light MM12
- Top Color: Black
- Bridge Style: Modern Straight Line - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Ivoroid
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: Black
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Side Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Black
Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Knob: Cream
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
Auditorium Acoustic Sporting Vintage Looks With Modern Playability
The left handed Martin 000-17 Black Smoke auditorium acoustic guitar delivers the tone, looks and feel that today’s guitarists are looking for. With simple looks, a comfortable 000 body size and Martin’s Modified Low Oval neck with High Performance Taper and silky satin finish, the left handed Martin 000-17 has the tone and playability modern guitarists are looking for in a vintage package that is sure to impress any audience. Whether you are playing this on stage or on your couch, the left handed Martin 000-17 delivers the tone, volume and comfort today’s musicians are looking for.