Short Scale ‘Little’ Martin Delivers Premium Playability and a Big Sound
The Martin LX1E ‘Little’ Martin short scale acoustic guitar is the smallest guitar that Martin makes, but that doesn’t mean that it has a small sound. This ‘little’ Martin still delivers the tone you would expect from a Martin, in a short scale size that is extremely comfortable for use as a travel acoustic or student guitar. Made with Certified Sustainable wood components, this little Martin will sound great whether you are touring, sitting on your couch, or hanging around the campfire.
This Martin LX1E acoustic electric features a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, and a warm satin finish that is extremely comfortable. Sporting a 23“ short scale modified low oval neck made from Rust Birch Laminate, with a Richlite fretboard, the LX1E little Martin feels incredibly comfortable in the hand, and delivers the silky playability you would expect from a full size Martin at a scale that is perfect for travel or student guitarists.
Other premium appointments include a Fishman Sonitone preamp system with active EQ and built-in tuner, Certified Richlite bridge, compensated White Tusq saddle, and Chrome Enclosed Gear tuning machines for accurate intonation and excellent tuning stability.
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Hand Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: N/A
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 23''
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Junior Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Bridge Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Mahogany Pattern
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/16''
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with LX Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Case: Soft Gig Bag
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: Foil Label
- Electronics: Fishman® Sonitone
The Ideal Travel or Student Guitar Made With Certified Sustainable Components at a Great Price
The Martin LX1E ‘Little’ acoustic electric guitar is a compact, student size guitar built with the same care and attention to detail as guitars twice the price. Made with Certified Sustainable components, this little Martin delivers the same legendary tone and playability of a much more expensive Martin in a size that is ideal for travel and use by student musicians. You will love the playability of this left acoustic’s short scale neck, and are sure to be pleased by its surprisingly BIG sound! Fishman Sonitone electronics ensure that this Little Martin’s big sound translates perfectly to the stage! This model includes sustainable wood certified parts and a padded gig bag.