Auditorium Acoustic With Vintage Styling and a Balanced Sound
The Martin 000-17E Black Smoke acoustic guitar features vintage looks and modern appointments that give it a balanced tone and silky playability. Featuring a Solid Sitka Spruce top with Mahogany back and sides in a vintage Black Smoke finish, the Martin 000-17E delivers rich low end tones with balanced mids and ample harmonics that make the 000-17E a favorite among fingerstyle players. With an auditorium size body and a scale length of 24.9“, this Martin 000-17E Black Smoke acoustic delivers premium comfort and a focused sound.
The modern appointments that make this Martin 000-17E so comfortable to play include Martin’s Modified Low Oval neck profile with High Performance Taper and a silky satin finish that makes playing this 000-17E a real pleasure. A 20-fret Rosewood fingerboard also adds to the harmonic richness and warmth of this Martin’s tone.
The Martin 000-17E comes stage ready with Fishman Matrix VT Enhance electronics. The Matrix Enhance system combines Fishman's popular Matrix under-saddle pickup with a new Enhance element that allows you to control the signal with soundhole-mounted controls. The Enhance element allows the natural sound of the guitar to come through with clarity, making it ideal for fingerstyle players and those who use techniques like body tapping.
The 000-17E‘s straight forward appointments, including simple fretboard inlays and minimal ivoroid binding and pickguard are combined with premium hardware including Golden Age Relic Nickel tuners, a Rosewood bridge and compensated bone nut and saddle, giving this Martin 000-17E a distinctly modern feel while preserving that prized Martin Pre-War aesthetic.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Satin
- Construction: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Satin
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: Mahogany
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: Mahogany
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT
- Recommended Strings: Retro® Light MM12
- Top Color: Black
- Bridge Style: Modern Straight Line - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Ivoroid
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: Black
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Side Inlay Material: Black Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Black
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: 1955 Style 18
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Side Dots: Yellow
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper
- Tuning Machines: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- Headplate Material: Ebony
- Knob: Cream
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Ply Hardshell
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Pleked: Yes
Auditorium Acoustic Sporting Vintage Looks With Modern Playability
The Martin 000-17E Black Smoke auditorium acoustic electric guitar delivers the tone, looks and feel that today’s guitarists are looking for with state of the art electronics that make it ready for any stage. With simple looks, a comfortable 000-size body and Martin’s Modified Low Oval neck with High Performance Taper and silky satin finish, the Martin 000-17E has the tone and playability modern guitarists are looking for in a vintage package that is sure to impress any audience. Whether you are playing this on stage or on your couch, the Martin 000-17E delivers the tone, volume and comfort today’s musicians are looking for.