Combining Classic Construction With Superior Tonewoods and Sustainable Laminates Ensures Longevity and Rich Tone that Matures With Age
The Martin X-Series GPCX1RAE grand performance acoustic electric guitar features the grand performer body shape with a solid Sitka Spruce top with Rosewood HPL (high pressure laminate) back and sides, delivering vintage Martin tone and volume with a lightweight, cutaway body style that is extremely comfortable to play. The classic scalloped Sitka Spruce X-bracing and Mortise and Tenon neck joint construction give the Martin GPCX1RAE a rich and lively tone with incredible projection.
The Birch laminate neck has a light finish of hand-rubbed oil, giving it a silky smooth feel, while the high performance neck taper and the performing artist neck shape make it extremely comfortable to play. The performing artist neck shape is thinner than most Martin necks and the Venetian cutaway gives easy access to the frets beyond neck joint, making the GPCX1RAE Grand Performer a joy to play.
The X-Series GPCX1RAE comes stage ready, equipped with Fishman Sonitone electronics that allow you to dial in your tone with amazing accuracy. The hardware including a compensated white tusq saddle, white corian nut, chrome enclosed gear tuners and a faux tortoise pickguard also contribute to the richness of tone, accurate intonation and overall tuning stability.
- Body Size: Grand Performance 14 Fret Cutaway
- Finish Top: Hand-Rubbed
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Fishman® Sonitone
- Top Color: Clear
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Bridge Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Black Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated White Tusq
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16" with 1/4" Tone Bars
- Back Detail: Rosewood Pattern
- Back Inlay Material: None
- Heelcap: Black
- Side Detail: Rosewood Pattern
- Neck Material: Rust Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Dots
- Number of Frets Total: 20, Neck Joins Body At 14th Fret
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: White Plastic
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Standard Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Case: Sold Separately
- Left Handed Availability: Yes
- Label: Black Foil Label
- Pleked: No
Great-Sounding, Great-Playing Grand Performance Model, that is Both Environmentally Friendly, and Priced to Move
The Martin X-Series GPCX1RAE grand performance acoustic electric guitar combines sustainable materials like Rosewood HPL laminates and a FSC Richlite fingerboard with classic scalloped X-bracing and a solid Sitka Spruce top to deliver a Grand Performer with rich tone, full volume and silky smooth playability that will only sound better as the years go by. The GPCX1RAE also comes stage ready with Fishman electronics that allow you to dial in the perfect tone for live performances, and is an overall extremely affordable, great sounding Martin!