Short Scale ‘Little’ Martin Delivers Premium Playability and a Big Sound
The Martin LX Black ‘Little’ Martin short scale acoustic guitar is the smallest guitar that Martin makes, but that doesn’t mean that it has a small sound. This ‘little’ Martin still delivers the tone you would expect from a Martin, in a short scale size that is extremely comfortable for use as a travel acoustic or student guitar. Made with Certified Sustainable wood components, this little Martin will sound great whether you are touring, sitting on your couch, or hanging around the campfire.
This Martin LX Black acoustic electric features a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany high-pressure laminate (HPL) back and sides, and a warm satin finish that is extremely comfortable. Sporting a 23“ short scale modified low oval neck made from Birch Laminate, with a Richlite fretboard, the LX Black little Martin feels incredibly comfortable in the hand, and delivers the silky playability you would expect from a full size Martin at a scale that is perfect for travel or student guitarists.
Other premium appointments include a Certified Richlite bridge, compensated Black Tusq saddle, a Black Corian nut and Chrome Enclosed Gear tuning machines for accurate intonation and excellent tuning stability.
- Body Size: Modified 0-14 Fret
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 23''
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 11/16''
- Top Material: HPL
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: HPL
- Neck Taper: Standard Taper
- Side Material: HPL
- Electronics: Not Available
- Bridge Style: Junior Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 1/8''
- Bridge Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Top Detail: Jett Black
- Bridge Pin Material: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: N/A
- Bridge Pin Dots: White Plastic
- Saddle: Compensated Black Tusq
- Rosette: Herringbone Ink
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Color: N/A
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: Jett Black
- Back Purfling/Strip: N/A
- Back Inlay Material: N/A
- Heelcap: N/A
- Side Detail: Jett Black
- Endpiece: N/A
- Neck Material: Black Birch Laminate
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- Finish Neck: Hand-Rubbed
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/16''
- Neck Color: N/A
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: N/A
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with LX Taper
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Headplate Material: HPL
- Knob: Small
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Ink
- Nut Material: Black Corian
- Case: Soft Gig Bag Included
The Ideal Travel or Student Guitar Made With Certified Sustainable Components at a Great Price
The Martin LX Black ‘Little’ acoustic electric guitar is a compact, student size guitar built with the same care and attention to detail as guitars twice the price. Made with Certified Sustainable components, this little Martin delivers the same legendary tone and playability of a much more expensive Martin in a size that is ideal for travel and use by student musicians. You will love the playability of this left acoustic’s short scale neck, and are sure to be pleased by its surprisingly BIG sound! This model includes sustainable wood certified parts and a padded gig bag.