The Dreadnought by Which All Others Are Judged Just Got Better!
At Martin Guitars handcrafted instruments built with superior tonewoods and innovative designs represent the high standard for which they are revered. This left handed Martin D-28 1935 Sunburst acoustic guitar has served as the main acoustic guitar of many musical legends including Jimmy Page and Hank Williams, and has been 'lovingly and artfully enhanced' to deliver the same vintage look and tone with a more modern feel and a higher level of playability.
Featuring all of the classic D-28 appointments that you'd expect, including Sitka Spruce top with a beautiful 1935 Sunburst finish, East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and non-scalloped forward-shifted X-bracing which allows the top to vibrate more freely, the new left handed Martin D-28 delivers the same harmonically complex tone with massive bass response balanced with articulate highs.
Another key to the lefty Martin D-28's enhanced sound and feel is its neck construction. Built with a classic dovetail neck joint, the new southpaw D-28 features a modified low oval neck shape with a high performance taper and a 20 fret Ebony fingerboard with mother-of-pearl inlays which has a solid yet silky feel that is extremely comfortable and easy to play.
Other premium appointments include a compensated bone saddle with an ebony bridge, an all bone nut and nickel open gear tuners with Butterbean knobs for enhanced tuning stability and rock solid intonation.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Finish Top, Back & Sides: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Bracing: Forward-Shifted X-Brace, Non-Scalloped
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back & Sides Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Top Color: 1935 Sunburst
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heel Cap: Antique White
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Style 28
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-Pearl
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear With Butterbean Knobs
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Molded Hardshell
Iconic Martin D-28 With Enhanced Playability and Classic 1935 Sunburst Finish
This lefty Martin D-28 1935 Sunburst acoustic guitar delivers all of the appointments you would expect from an iconic Martin 28-style acoustic, with modern styling that enhances its feel and playability. Featuring the classic tonewood pairing of Sitka Spruce and Rosewood, with an iconic 1935 Sunburst finish, this lefty D-28 delivers a more modern feel with its modified oval neck shape and high performance taper which make strumming and picking more comfortable and effortless than ever.