The Rich and Warm Tone of Rosewood in a Body Style Built for Balance and Playability
At Martin Guitars handcrafted instruments built with superior tonewoods and innovative designs represent the high standard for which they are revered. Standard series guitars feature Sitka Spruce tops with Mahogany or Rosewood backs and sides, giving them a massive bottom end with articulate highs and balanced mids. Martin Standard Series guitars continue the tradition of vintage styling and elegant craftsmanship that have made playing a Martin an amazing experience.
The left handed Martin 000-28 Standard Series Auditorium Acoustic delivers the warm and resonant tone you would expect from a Rosewood back and sides, with the feel and playability of a classic auditorium size acoustic. Featuring Scalloped X-bracing, herringbone trim and antique white binding, the lefty Martin 000-28 delivers a bold and harmonically complex tone in a body size that comfortable and easy to play.
Pairing a solid Sitka Spruce top with East Indian Rosewood back and sides, and a low-oval neck with a high performance taper, this Martin auditorium acoustic delivers the warm tone and volume you need with the balanced feel and silky playability you’d expect from a hand crafted instrument.
Premium appointments like an ebony bridge with bone saddle and bone nut, and open gear tuners with butterbean knobs, give the southpaw Martin 000-28 perfect intonation and excellent tuning stability. The left handed 000-28 is also available in Sunburst and 1935 Ambertone finish for an additional $200.
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Construction: Dovetail Neck Joint
- Back & Side Finish: Gloss
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Brace Shape: Scalloped
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1 3/4''
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Back Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Side Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Electronics: None
- Top Color: Aging Toner
- Bridge Style: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- Binding: Antique White
- Bridge String Spacing: 2 5/32"
- Top Inlay Material: Bold Herringbone
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Bridge Pin Material: White Plastic
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoise
- Bridge Pin Dots: Faux Tortoise
- Saddle: Compensated Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Stripe
- Saddle Radius: 16"
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Size: 5/16"
- Back Detail: None
- Back Purfling/Strip: Style 28
- Back Inlay Material: Multi-Stripe
- Heel Cap: Antique White
- Endpiece: Antique White
- Side Inlay Material: None
- Endpiece Inlay: Multi-Stripe
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8''
- Neck Color: Dark Mahogany
- Fingerboard Inlay Style: Diamonds and Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Inlay Material: Abalone
- Neck Joins Body At: 14th Fret
- Side Dots: White
- Headstock Shape: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Headplate Material: East Indian Rosewood
- Knob: Butterbean
- Headplate Logo Style: Script Old Style Overlay
- Nut Material: Bone
- Case: Molded Hardshell
Industry Leading, Hand-Crafted Auditorium Acoustic Built to Deliver a Balanced Tone and Incredible Playability
C.F. Martin is to acoustic guitars what Apple is to the smartphone; an innovative, cutting edge company whose Standard Series has come to represent The Standard for the entire industry. The lefty Martin 000-28 Standard Series Auditorium Acoustic is no exception. Featuring a solid Sitka Spruce top with solid Rosewood back and sides, a select hardwood neck with Ebony fingerboard, the left handed 000-28 is like fine wine in that it’s tone and playability will only improve with time. This auditorium acoustic body size and warm, balanced tone are perfect for recording.